Minor Dwelling Builders in Auckland
Have You Thought About Developing Your Existing Auckland Property To Fit A Minor Dwelling On It?
Discover How We Can Build You A High Quality, Custom Designed Auckland Minor Dwelling That Matches Your Lifestyle And Taste, But Doesn’t Blow The Budget
Changes to Auckland Unitary Plan make it Easier to Build a Minor Dwelling
With the recent changes to the Auckland Unitary Plan property development is now being encouraged, especially around public transport routes. Previous requirements and restrictions have been significantly relaxed which has increased the possibility of adding that extra unit or minor dwelling.
Extra dwellings could be used for a number of options including rental unit, Air B’n’B, or flat etc. It could even be subdivided off and sold as a stand-alone house giving you a sizable return on your investment.
ATTENTION: AUCKLAND PROPERTY OWNERS WANTING TO BUILD A MINOR DWELLING
If You're Thinking About Building A Custom Minor Dwelling Then You Should Download Our FREE E-book First
I have recently put together an e-book called “7 Things You Must Know Before Building A Minor Dwelling”.
By downloading our FREE E-book you’ll discover…
- What some Architects secretly plan and why
- What Show-Homes are really designed to make you do
- How some building companies deceitfully price their quotes
- How to avoid being left exposed with finance and payment terms
- Some shocking habits that a bunch of tradies have
- How to avoid losing all your money if your builder goes bust
- The red tape required for Code Completion Certificate (Council Sign-off)
In order to avoid wasting tens-of-thousands of dollars when building your new dwelling, fill in the form and download our FREE e-book NOW!
Budgeting Costs to Consider
There are a considerable number of requirements and associated costs that need to be sorted out up front before building work can begin. Don’t be fooled by some of the so-called cheap prices being banded around in the media about minor dwellings being as cheap as $69,000. That price was excluding GST and was for materials only. It didn’t include builder’s labour, plumbing, electrical or any of the following costs that may be required:
- Concept and Working Drawings by an Architectural Designer
- Site topographical/contour survey and marking boundaries by a registered surveyor
- Geotech Engineering often required for foundation works
- A Structural Engineer that may be required for specific structural design of foundations or bracing etc
- Sometimes a Town Planner may be required and can be engaged to work through the Resource Consent process if necessary
- Building Consent fees
- There are a number of reasons why a Resource Consent my be required – Building in a Flood Plain, Height to boundary infringement or working through a council Overlay e.g. a Historic Heritage Area etc
- Some sites require a Flood Report and specific foundation design if they are in a Flood Plain or have an Overland Flow Path on the site
- Council Development Contributions are also required for adding additional dwellings
- Most sites these days also require retention tanks for stormwater mitigation to stop flooding in the streets
Other costs to consider could be the following:
- Services connections like power, water, stormwater, sewer and fibre etc. If the property is subdividable it may pay to put in new connections rather than connecting to the existing main house services
- Landscaping and retaining walls
- Driveways, decks and fences
We will work through all these requirements up front and determine what is necessary for your site. We will try and include as much as possible in our Preliminary Building Agreement so that you are as informed as possible around the costs associated with your build.
Generally you will need a budget starting from a minium of $200K and it will depend on what is actually required for your site, the spec and level of finish you want and the actual size and design of your proposed build.
What our customers are saying about us
Quality Auckland Granny Flat Builders with a difference
Guarantee for Peace of Mind
We belong to the Registered Master Builders Association and as standard we include the Master Build 10-Year Guarantee which comes with:
- 10-Year Structural Guarantee
- Protection against loss of deposit
- Protection against non-finished works